Butternut Squash and Tahini-Yogurt Dip
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 ½ lbs butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 ½ pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup plain Hans Dairy 2.0% Natural Yogurt
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. black sesame seeds (optional)
Cut 1″ off the top of the garlic head and place on a piece of foil; drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil and wrap tightly. On a baking sheet, toss the squash with 2 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set the garlic on the oven rack. Roast the squash for 35 to 40 min., turning occasionally, until tender and golden. Roast the garlic for about 1 hr, until completely soft. Let cool.
Squeeze the garlic cloves from their skins and place into a food processor along with the squash, yogurt, tahini, lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Puree until smooth, adding a little water if too thick. Add salt and pepper. Transfer dip into a serving bowl, drizzle with olive oil and top with sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature with your favourite crackers. Makes 2 ½ cups.