Chilled Cucumber, Scallion, and Yogurt Soup
Print This Recipe
- 4 1/2 cups plain Hans Dairy 2% Natural Yogurt
- 1/3 cups olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp. cold water
- 3 cucumbers (12 ounces), peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. toasted walnuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
Place the yogurt in a large bowl and gradually whisk in the oil. Whisk in the vinegar and enough of the cold water to make a somewhat thick mixture. Stir in half of the cucumbers, scallions, salt, and pepper. Puree in a blender or food processor. Transfer back into the bowl and stir in the remaining cucumbers. Refrigerate until well-chilled, at least 1 hour.
Serve the chilled soup sprinkled with the walnuts (if using) and the dill.