- 1/3 cup bulgur
- 1/3 lb ground lamb
- 1/3 lb ground 95% lean beef
- 1/2 medium onion, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1 1/2 tsp red curry paste
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 medium cucumber, grated and spun dry in salad spinner (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup Hans Dairy Natural Yogurt 3.2%
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Oil for brushing
Soak bulgur in 1/3 cup hot water for 1 hour, and then drain any excess water. Combine bulgur, lamb, beef, onion, garlic, mint, curry paste, cumin, allspice, and coriander. Chill, covered for 30 minutes.
Mix cucumber, yogurt, and pepper in small bowl. Season with salt. Preheat grill to medium high. Divide mixture into 8-12 balls, then roll each ball on a board with a cupped hand to turn them into ovals. Season with salt. Thread onto skewers and brush with oil.
To cook on a griddle: heat the pan until you can feel a good heat rising and cook for 3-4 mins each side. Don’t turn until they are well sealed, or the meat will stick to the grill or pan.
Wrap each patty in a lettuce leaf and serve with yogurt sauce and tomato.